Utah | When to book your photography session …
This is an important topic to talk about today. I know I’ve touched upon it in a couple posts but Ill go more in depth today.
Depending on what kind of session you are booking will depend on when you should book so lets talk about when and why.
- Couple & Family Sessions
- Book about 2-4 weeks BEFORE you want to have your session. Usually I will book out by a few months and the earlier you book the more likely your desired date will be available.
- Fall & Holiday Sessions – even earlier! 3-6 weeks in advance. This is such a busy time and I take limited amount of sessions so that I can enjoy my family time as the holidays approach. This also ensures your prints and cards are back in time to send out.
- Maternity Sessions
- Book at least 2-6 weeks in advance and when you will be 30-36 weeks pregnant at the time of the session.
- While I will take clients 36-40 weeks pregnant I usually don’t like to. I never made it to this gestation in my pregnancies so I don’t have first hand experience but the word on the street is often how uncomfortable mamas feel during this gestation. I don’t want you uncomfortable during your session, I want you to feel beautiful because you are and this is why these sessions are done between 30-36 weeks.
- Birth Sessions
- Book in your second trimester.
- A birth session is an investment and the additional time to prepare puts you and your family at ease.
- You do not have to stress about finding some at the last minute because you already have it covered!
- This gives me time to get to know you and your baby and know what is happening in your pregnancy so that when the time comes it is completely personalized and memorable for you.
- Newborn Sessions
- Also book this in your second trimester to ensure that I have the time surrounding your due date available for your babies arrival!
- Newborn sessions are done within the first 3-15 days of life with the sweet spot being around 7 days old. This ensures baby is still sleepy and flexible for posing.
- Smashcake Sessions
- At least 4 weeks in advance.
- Ill need time for preparing and planning if you have a specific theme in mind for your big birthday boy or girl.
Enjoy today’s Okinawa Summer Sunsets and leave a comment below telling me which is your favorite!